Opening Hood with No Power Tesla Model 3
In the unlikely event that Model 3 has no low-voltage power, you cannot open the front trunk using the touchscreen, key fob, or mobile app. Here is how to open the front trunk on your Tesla Model 3 in this situation:
- Locate an external low-voltage power supply (such as a portable jump starter).
- Release the tow eye cover by pressing firmly on the top right perimeter of the cover until it pivots inward, then gently pull the raised section toward you.
- Pull the two wires out of the tow eye opening to expose both terminals.
Connect the low-voltage power supply's red positive (+) cable to the red positive (+) terminal.
- Connect the low-voltage power supply's black negative (-) cable to the black negative (-) terminal.
- Ligar o fonte de energia externa (refer to the manufacturer’s instructions). The hood latches are immediately released, and you can now open the hood to access the front trunk area.
- Disconnect both cables, beginning with the black negative (-) cable.
- If pulling the vehicle onto a flatbed truck, do not replace the tow eye cover yet. If necessary, install the tow eye cover by inserting the wires into the tow eye opening and aligning the tow eye cover into position, and snapping it into place.